The Tokens app is used to mint new tokens and assign them to yourself or other entities. Tokens minted by the Tokens app confer voting abilities to holders of the tokens.
For instructions on minting new tokens with EVM Crispr go here https://docs.evmcrispr.blossom.software/aragonOS/token-manager/
Minting is the process of creating new tokens. You can create as many tokens as you'd like (as long as members of the organization are agree). This means you can add as many new users to your organization as you wish, you just need to mint new tokens for them. Below we will show "How to Add new tokens" into your Organization.
- The organization commits to giving its workers a stake in the company e.g. half of the company tokens are held by workers and the other half by investors .
- The organization mints tokens to entities proportional to the amount of funds they have invested in the company.
- The organization mints a specific amount of tokens for an entity in exchange for a specific good or service .
- The organization mints a fixed amount of tokens per month and distributes them proportionally to everyone who has contributed value to the organization that month.
The Tokens app is used to manage membership and voting power in an organization. To add members to an organization, it’s as easy as minting and assigning a token to them.
This simple process for managing membership and voting power provides the foundation for governing the resources of an organization using Aragon.
On the Company template, one token equals one vote, members can hold as many tokens as are assigned to them, and tokens are transferable.
With the Membership template, one token also equals one vote, but members cannot hold more than one token each and tokens are non-transferable.
Regarding the Reputation template, one token equals one vote, and members can hold as many tokens as are assigned to them, but the tokens are non-transferable.
In the Holder section of the Tokens app, you can see the current list of token holders and the balance of organization tokens they each hold.
- Assigning more tokens to that token holder (Add tokens option).
- Removing tokens from the token holder (Remove tokens option).
Tokens app view
In the Token Info section you can see information about the token that is used for governance in your organization.
How many tokens have been minted in total?
Whether or not the token can be transferred to another entity after it has been assigned.
The token name and token symbol.
Token info view
In the Ownership Distribution section, you can see which entities own what percent of the organization’s token supply. This can be helpful as a spot check to see how token ownership is concentrated in the organization.
If you need to add members to your organization and assign them DAO tokens, you need to use the Add Token option.
If you click the ** _Add Tokens_ ** button, a panel will open up with text fields for entering:
- The recipient: the address of the entity you want to assign tokens to.
- Number of tokens: how many tokens you want to assign.
After you enter this information, you can click the button in the panel to finish completing the action.
Click Create transaction** ** to create the transaction that creates a new vote to assign the new token you want to mint. Sign the transaction in your Ethereum provider, wait for a confirmation, then move on to the next step.
Go to the Voting app, click on the Mint tokens proposal you just created, and vote "Yes" to approve minting and assigning the token.
Your organization just went from one to two members. A good start to a new Company organization!
- If a vote is cast that causes the Approval % to be equal to or greater than the Support required (e.g. 60% required Support with current 65% Approval), then the proposition will be completed automatically.
- If the Approval % is less than the Support required (e.g. 60% required Support with current 40% Approval) then additional "no" votes could still stop the proposition from being passed.
Thus the proposition will remain open until either the duration is reached or the Approval % is equal to or greater than the Support requirement.
If you are using https://evm-crispr.blossom.software/ you can do things like assign vested tokens to accounts using code such as the following
connect <DAO> token-manager
exec token-manager assignVested <ACCOUNT> <AMOUNT>e18 <START-DATE> <CLIFF-DATE> <END-DATE> true
Do you have a question? Leave your comments here at our Discourse forum 👇